How are candidates screened?

To comply with safeguarding and compliance procedures, you will be given a link to a registration form to complete, we will need ID & Right to work documents, 2 recent references, Enhanced DBS (or be willing to apply for one) and Qualification certificates if necessary, w also check Teacher Regulation Agency Status and Prohibition Check.

How often will I be working?

The good things about supply is that it can be as flexible as you want to fit around your home life. You can work as little as 1 day or as many as 5. We will discuss your requirements during the registration process and we will do our best to find you a placement that fits around your needs.

What types of contracts do Initial Education offer?

We can offer day to day work, short term, or long term contracts on a part time or full time basis, depending on your situation.

How much notice will I get?

When you register with Initial Education, you decide how much notice you need for work. We will always do whatever possible to give you as much notice as we can, however if you have agreed to day-to-day supply work we tend to ask you to be ready by 7:30 every morning so that we can assure schools that you will be there on time.

How and how often will I be paid?

All staff will get paid on a weekly basis and this can be PAYE.

Does supply teaching look bad on my CV?

The benefit of supply teaching is that it allows experienced teachers and ECTs alike to improve their skills across a wide variety of schools. Whether it be SEN, mainstream or a small rural school, new environments provide a platform for you to adjust and adapt your teaching techniques, setting you apart from your peers.

How do I find work as an ECT?

Registering with an education agency is a great way to start in finding work as an early careers or newly qualified teacher. Indeed, ECTS are in high demand from schools as they provide a fresher and more up to date outlook on teaching. What’s more, you’ll be able to complete some supply teaching work in the interim between your first permanent role, meaning that you’ll pick up valuable skills and experience along the way.

I am an experienced teacher looking for a change, what should I do?

As an experienced teacher, you’ll have the knowledge and experience to fit straight into any school, meaning that you’ll be in high demand once registered with us. What’s more, if you’re looking for a change and more time in your evenings, supply teaching not only gives you the flexibility to work when you want, you’ll also never be expected to complete lengthy lesson plans or marking. Get in touch to find out what we can offer you.

What qualifications and experience will I need to register?

If you are looking for a teaching assistant role, we require a minimum of three months experience of working with children within the last 3 years. As a teacher, we require a minimum of 11 months experience in the last 7 years, however if you are newly qualified your university placements are sufficient. All candidates require an enhanced DBS along with 2 professional referees covering the last two years and we do request that everyone reads Keeping Children Safe in Education (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1021914/KCSIE_2021_September_guidance.pdf)s prior to going out to work to ensure that they are up to date with safeguarding policies.

How do I register?

You can register by giving us a call on 01452 341518.

After talking with you we will send you our registration form to complete and request a copy of your CV. Once we have received your details, we will be in touch to confirm whether you have the relevant qualifications and experience to go out to work.

We interview all of our candidates to ensure that we are able to find a school that best suits you, and this is then followed by a series of background checks to ensure that you are fully compliant to go out to work. The next part is simple, once we have a suitable role for you, we will get in touch.

Where can I work?

Initial Education covers schools in Gloucestershire and Worcestershire and we will work with you to ensure that where possible we find work close to home. We understand that no one wants a long commute and we don’t expect you to travel miles for one day’s supply teaching if its not for you.

Can I get a permanent role from working with an education agency?

There is a misconception that education agencies are purely responsible for placing teachers and teaching assistants in day-to-day supply roles, however we do also have a range of longer term temporary and permanent vacancies alongside this. Working as a supply teacher provides you with valuable experience that can set you apart from those around you when looking for a permanent role and what’s more, it gets your foot in the door with certain schools. It is worth bearing in mind that although not initially permanent, temporary roles such as maternity and long term sick cover are often followed by a permanent job offer once the contract nears an end.

I can only work school hours?

If you are looking to work in an education setting, but can only work certain hours, please call us to discuss as we maybe able to offer flexible working hours to suit.

I’m an employer looking for staff.

At Initial Recruitment we put people first. So, if you are in an educational setting that requires staff; or a candidate looking for temporary or permanent employment, we would love to talk to you.

Get in touch today!

Becky and the team are a phone call or email away to assist with your requirements.

DD: 01452 341518

M: 07827 323208

Email: becky.oram@initialrecruitment.com